One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Summer 2010



Good news, everyone! I have been accepted into summer CPE at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton! For those of you who do not know what Clinical Pastoral Education [CPE] is, it is an intensive, supervised chaplaincy. Most CPE placements are in hospitals. I will be under the supervision of a hospital chaplain who has years of experience and extra training in CPE. The program runs for 11 weeks starting in early June.

For the Presbyterian Church (USA), many presbyteries require CPE although not all. CPE is part of my ordination process. I am blessed to have found a placement at a hospital close to my seminary. I can stay in my dorm, and I will be able to remain a part of the seminary society.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

So happy for you--Hugs, Mom