One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

End of the School Year

Tomorrow is the last day of classes for the 2010-2011 school year. As I was checking my grades from the long term (and praise be to God!) I was stuck at the range of classes I've taken this year. My first year I was taking a lot of intro courses. This year I've taken classes on preaching, feminist theology, Christian worship (both general and specifically Presbyterian), Jewish biblical interpretation, learning and practicing liturgical movements (like breaking bread and how to hold an infant while trying to pour water), and finding musical resources for congregational use, and others. What I like about the Masters of Divinity program is the wide variety of experiences. My education is not limited to, well, anything. Our internships offer us the chance to learn what we need to learn. We can take generalized or specific courses. For instance, we have to take a modern (Post-Reformation) history course. I took Presbyterian History. Both fascinating and useful.

But I have to admit, I'm looking forward to the summer break. Some time to sleep in, read, watch bad TV, travel, and then come back and start my summer job and Hebrew class. I'm going to be working at the campus book store this summer!! I have held many part-time jobs, but I have to admit working at a book store sounds awesome. But for now, one more final presentation tomorrow morning.

No comments: