One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maundy Thursday

Today is Maundy Thursday, and we are nearing the end of Holy Week. Tonight we remember the Last Supper with the Lord's Supper and sometimes the washing of feet (see John 13). I'm not going to get a chance to go to church tonight, but I encourage everyone else to. Even if you're not a Christian. Maundy Thursday services are very special and say a lot about the character of the church universal and the church particular.


 While they were eating, he took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to them, and said, ‘Take; this is my body.’ Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, and all of them drank from it. He said to them, ‘This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many. Truly I tell you, I will never again drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.’
Mark 14:22-25

No comments: