One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New blog layout. Hope you guys like it. If not, feel free to let me know.

I had allergy testing today. Ick. I am allergic to dust mites, mold, and trees. I will be making some changes in my lifestyle to reflect this new information. New medication. New pillows.

The play is coming up next week. We're actually running the entire play instead of bits and pieces. Even though I have a medium-sized part, my character appears in the beginning scene and last half of the second act, so I have to hang around the entire rehearsal. I also have to wear a hat the entire time, but we haven't begun practicing with our costumes.

I have been asked by my gracious play director and speech professor to be his teacher's assistant for next school year. A great opportunity for  me to get to the know the incoming juniors and to spend some time doing something I love.

For my final paper in my Reformation worship class I have decided to write a short adult education course. I thought this would be easier than writing a full-blown history paper. I was wrong. Plus, I have tracked down a facsimile of the original Genevan Psalter, and it never occurred to me that music writing had changed since the 1530's. That throws a cog into the wheels. Thankfully, I've got some time to figure things out.

I am very excited to announce that the Finer Things Club will be journeying to New York City for Madam Butterfly in April. Something to look forward to before finals week.

And the rain stopped again! I don't mind rain, but I mind rain for days and days at a time. It's nice to have a break.

1 comment:

alyce said...

Smiles to my daughter. No rain here - of course-. Lots of weird wind, though. Phew.
Best wishes with the play; we're looking at flights now. Hugs, Mom