One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Saturday, September 1, 2007

August 31st


Day 03 Aug. 31st

Today we went to St. George Church which was built on the highest hill in Athens. From the top of it you could see everything in the entire city. It was an awesome sight. The cafĂ© up there also charged five euro for a frappe which was a rip off, but it was nice to sit in the shade and sketch in my journal. After lunch everyone split off to go see another one of the Seven Hills of Athens. I went to Filopappos Hill which is right near the Acropolis except just higher. I had an incredible experience on that hill. It was the first time I had broken away from the group. I found the Prison of Socrates and several other monuments. I took a video of myself explaining everything that was going on. I’m going to upload that to YouTube and put the link up.

No comments: