One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fun and Games

Picture: David contemplating his odds

Life in Volos isn't all fun and games, but last night it was...for the most part. Some of us got cleaned out very early in the Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament that was held in our apartment. That's why I'm not in the pictures. I sat around the table and debated who was going to win the thirty euro pot. Will won. He's the redhead in the second picture. He started very conservatively, but when a couple of us got knocked out he started betting high. He won a hand with an 8-3 when another player had pocket aces. He's really good. I just couldn't win, although I won the first hand so it made people think I was really good until I kept losing. Oh, well. I only lost 5 euro all together. We got our pocket change back. We don't have any poker chips. We can't find any... It was really fun for all of us, and it was a good game.

Picture: Justin [blue shirt] and Will [white shirt] with David as dealer. Will eventually won.

No comments: