One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Recap

2009 was a busy year for me. My last semester at University seems like so long ago. When 2009 began I was living in a studio apartment in Missouri working two internships along with a full load of classes to finish my degree. In May I graduated and moved back home for a month then followed my parents to St. Paul for another month. [Congrats to my Mom for passing her summer classes with flying colors!] Then my Dad and I drove to the east coast with a car packed to bursting with my stuff to move into a dorm room and start summer Greek. After Greek the real work began with the fall long term which I just completed, and now I'm back in Colorado hanging out with my family for the holidays.
I went from being a senior at University to being a junior at Princeton Seminary. [Why they call the first years juniors is still beyond me.]
I went from organizing a once-a-week chapel service to attending daily chapel.
I downsized from a studio apartment to a dorm room.
My car has gone through two scheduled maintenances meaning I've driven at least 6,000 miles, and I'm almost ready for a third.
I went from working at a church and studying primary documents to studying church and working with primary documents.
I upgraded my phone to a touch screen with a full keyboard and internet access.
I have crossed off two of my life goals: graduate from college and see a Broadway musical.


It's been a busy year, and our family is preparing for a party to welcome in the new one. I am blessed to have a home to return to and a family who loves me. I am blessed to have the luxury to attend any masters program.


May God bless your new year and many after this one!

No comments: