One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas-tide!

Yes, Christmas really does last for 12 whole days! It's called Christmas-tide, and it's the basis for that song that everybody knows part of but not the whole 12 days... yes, that one!

I'm back in Colorado after several delays and detours. I ended up in St. Paul overnight, but thanks to the Mom Network [better than any cell phone company can offer] I had a place to sleep and a family to welcome me. The traditional Christmas events are in full swing. We had a clam sauce pasta dinner with some local extended family, and some last minute shopping. I participated in my home church's Christmas Eve service which was wonderful. I also attended a local church's 11pm service. Even though it felt very late, it was magical to walk out of the church after midnight knowing it was truly Christmas.

Now we're in full swing of Christmas-tide joy. I head back to Princeton on the 3rd. Class starts again on the 4th, but for now I'm not thinking about that.

No comments: