One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Sky is a Hazy Shade of Winter

I flew home last Saturday for some R&R. My fall semester is officially over! My spring semester has not really begun. I have always found it weird that the 'spring' semester begins in the dead of winter. Of course by the time you end it's summer, so I guess spring is in the middle. I found it really interesting to go through an entire three course class in three weeks. Three hours a day. Three weeks. Three credits. Not to mention homework time. The people who found it the hardest were those in languages. I understand that. I did that over the summer. I enjoyed learning Nonviolent Communication. It gave me a great tool for pastoral care and for the Clinical Pastoral Education I'm doing over the summer which both scares me and excites me.

But this week I'm doing my best not to think about any of that. This week I'm hanging out with my family and Colorado friends. And on that note, allow me to introduce the newest member of my family to you: TUCKER! He's our 4th golden retriever, so I guess my family has found a breed that fits us. His older counterpart Gabby doesn't know whether to play with Tucker or to ignore him. He likes to chew on my socks which wouldn't be a big deal except my feet are usually still in them! More later. :)

1 comment: