One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Monday, March 8, 2010

Reading Week

It's Faux Spring Break! As one of my professors said: "We call it Reading Week so the Calvinists don't feel bad about taking a break." I'm currently working on my systematic theology midterm about the relationship between Scripture and tradition. I only have one exam which is next Monday focusing on the Gospels in my New Testament class. I have to memorize outlines of each of the Gospels. I can remember the basic outlines... it's the chapter numbers that throw me off.
I attended the Princeton University chapel yesterday for worship.They have a stained glass picture of John Witherspoon. He is right under St. Jerome. No, seriously. The chapel is HUGE. It could fit ten Miller Chapels in it. One of my friends is their seminary intern, and he told me the choir was incredible. Well, their choir IS INCREDIBLE. The organist is also incredible. As a postlude he played a Bach fugue like I have never heard a fugue played before.

Tomorrow taking a mini-vacation to a surprise location! Check back on Wednesday for pictures!

1 comment:

Alyce said...

I'm here, checking back for pictures on Wednesday!!! (**)Mom