One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Out of the country

I will be out of the country [Greece] from November 5th to November 10th. We're headed to Barcelona, one of my mother's favorite cities. It sounds like we'll be seeing a lot of important architecture stuff. Of course, the architects are really excited.
I've been hard at work the past few days on my projects. They are coming along nicely. I have been using my watercolors to paint some scenes from Volos. It's very hard to take the watercolors somewhere and paint there, so I've been taking pictures and painting from them. It's not the same effect, but it's the best I can do right now. If you're good while I'm gone I'll scan in some of my artwork and post it to the blog. I'm happy to travel again, although it means I have to pack again. I had to buy a new suitcase because I lost my duffel shoulder strap. I had to carry the duffel on a forty minute walk from the bus station to my new apartment. I'm not doing that again, so I found a small rolling suitcase for less than twenty euros. It's coffee colored. I like it.
We received our visa extensions, so we're set to get back into the country. :)
Oh, our washer is broken. :( But they're going to get it fixed while we are traveling, so when we come back our washer should be washing again. For now we're using the boys' washer. Since they live next door, it's not a big deal.
See you after Spain!

No comments: