One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Advice


You know how you're always warned to take other people's advice with a grain of salt?

Today I learned that lesson all over again.

My professor and preceptor were giving us some ideas for the intensive studying we're doing every day. Someone said that getting off campus was a good idea, and I asked if there were any good coffee places nearby that weren't so small you felt bad about sitting at a table for a could of hours. I was given a sound piece of advice to go to "the Panera by the Target".

It took me over half an hour to find this Panera that is less than ten minutes away from Princeton Seminary. So here's the lesson: take advice but get real directions.

No comments: