One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Monday, July 20, 2009

Faith's Mission Statement



My home church, Faith Presbyterian, has been actively seeking new ways to share God with others. One part of this quest is developing a new mission statement. Since I am not at home I sometimes am not as connected as I would like to be to my home church, and I was pleased to read on Dr. Tom's website that Faith has a new mission statement. Here it is:

“We follow Christ as Lord, relying on the Spirit’s guidance and worshiping God with our lives by serving our neighbors, cultivating community, and inviting others to join the exploration of faith.”

I have so much trouble saying things with few words, and this mission statement has done what I have so much trouble doing. In one sentence Faith has a mission statement, a goal, a philosophy of life, a strong theology, and several ways to focus all our gifts into the same vision.
Alleluia! Amen!

For more information:
http://tomtrinidad.wordpress.com/
http://www.faithprescs.org/

No comments: