One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sisters

I have recently become aware of how many of my fellow female seminarians have come from traditions that do not ordain women and had to convert in order to follow their Call. I am constantly amazed at the strength of these women in difficult times, and I just wanted to give a quick word of encouragement to all my sisters in the faith.

Remember to act like a church bell. No matter how hard something hits you, make a beautiful sound.


[This is paraphrased from a nun I heard on NPR. I apologize but I can't remember her name or her order. If someone recognizes the sentiment and the original speaker, please let me know.]

No comments: