One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Class time

Now that I've been in class for a week I have adapted to the schedule.

Breakfast
8:45-10:00am Precept--Quiz and homework review
10:00-10:45am Break/Chapel on Wednesdays
10:45-11:30am Plenary--New material
11:30-12:15pm Precept--Questions, drills, and sight reading
Lunch
Studying/Homework
3:00-4:00pm Tutoring

During the evening I've been hanging out with other students and going on long walks. Trying to find a balance from the high academic load. Every day we have a quiz over the previous day's material. I really like my precept. There are ten of us in the group, and our teacher is a PhD student named Amy who is doing her dissertation on Hebrews. We're in Stuart with small tables and large windows. My table partner is a guy named Noah who used to work in the business world [specifically bulk coffee]. He took a year and worked as a church intern before coming to Princeton.
The food is pretty good here which is good news because I'll be eating there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three years. There's a good variety every day. I've been picking up anything in a tortilla or otherwise covered without asking what's in it. It's been a fun journey. Also fresh fruit and fresh salad stuff.

No comments: