One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Reading

In June I received a summer reading list for my Masters of Divinity program. I was surprised because I haven't had a summer reading list since high school; however, I was thrilled. So here's the rundown.


I am reading:

Karl Barth, Evangelical Theology: An Introduction

Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy [not on the PTS list]


I have read:

Bonhoeffer, Life Together

Sally Bruyneel and Alan G. Padgett, Introducing Christianity

A Knock at Midnight: Inspiration from the Great Sermons of Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.

Paul Scott Wilson, The Four Pages of a Sermon: A Guide to Biblical Preaching

Jean Comby, How to Read Church History, vol. 1, From the Beginnings to the Fifteenth Century


I have yet to read:

Roger Olson, The Story of Christian Theology: Twenty Centuries of Tradition & Reform

Gordon Fee, How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour

No comments: