One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Friday, August 21, 2009

End Week 6

This week has been very long, and we're all happy to have a weekend. I am happy to report that I have been hired for an on-campus job. Thank God! I worked on my undergraduate campus in several different departments, and I loved the involvement. I have been hired in the mailroom for about nine hours a week which means I'll get my paycheck first. There are only four student positions in the mailroom, and I feel blessed to have found any job. I know many of friends are struggling to find any job.

Several weeks ago some girls in the dorm started a Bible study, and we've met weekly on Wednesday nights. This Wednesday we finished our study of 1 Peter. We're not sure what we're going to study next, and it's exciting to think of all the possibilities. There was one verse that really stuck out to our entire group.
"Cast all your anxiety on him [God], because he cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7
It's been a stress filled week for most of us. This week my Greek class got participles, infinitives, and relative pronouns which led to much confusion and worry about the test that was this morning. Professor Wagner took our test questions from Bible verses. It's amazing how far we've all come. We were able to sit in a classroom and translate Bible verses without the any help. No dictionaries or grammar aids, the translation was organic. Wow. What an incredible thing to be able to do! The girls in my Bible study were so wonderful about reminding each other that this is for the furthering of God's kin-dom. We need to cast our anxieties on God because God loves us and very little can get accomplished when you're so worked up you can't think. That has been the lesson for me this week.

"Be glad in the Lord and rejoice,
O righteous,
and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!" Psalm 32:11

No comments: