One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Monday, September 21, 2009

First Day

It is our first day of classes. It's exciting to finally be in fall semester courses. I have two courses on Mondays: Introduction to New Testament Exegesis and Speech. Both seem like they're going to be really good. The opening worship service was about rejoicing evermore. The preacher was Dr. Beverly Gaventa who is my Exegesis professor. I enjoyed it, and President Torrance presided over communion.

Yesterday there was a welcome celebration on the quad [lawn in between the dorms] with all the clubs and organizations there to talk about what they do and how we can be a part of them. I feel like I signed up for 80% of the clubs, but I will have to make time decisions. I can participate in club events without being involved in planning. There are hikes, cleanups, spiritual retreats, fitness classes, liturgical dancing... how can I choose?

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Praying for you as each day of the first "real" semester passes.
Love you, MOM