One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Language

Yesterday during orientation we talked about many different things, and from student counseling to jobs to academic integrity to harassment policies there was similar language used... the language of faith. This is the first time I have ever heard of plagiarism as "bearing false witness". We are expected to produce our own work and be honest about it because we are Christians, not because of what the administration says and not because of what the punishments might be. I like this viewpoint; I love this language. This is one of the reasons I wanted to come to a seminary, to be able to use the language that is important to me.

No comments: