One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Interesting

I thought that Princeton University students had already moved in. I was wrong. This weekend is their move-in. My undergraduate school has been in session for three weeks. It must be an East Coast thing to start courses in mid-September. PTS still has another week before classes begin. Orientation begins on Wednesday, and new and returning students have been moving in for several days. Yesterday I took some time to look at my dorm room and move some furniture around. I have plenty of room, and I'm going to be looking for another chair, maybe even a loveseat.

Yesterday I attended Plainsboro Presbyterian Church, and the pastor preached on wisdom and speech. Some of you may know, the one time I've preached in my life was about how we should speak to each other as Christians. The pastor used different passages but had the same themes that I did when I preached over a year ago. It seems so long ago. It was fascinating to hear the pastor.

"For all of us make many mistakes. Anyone who makes no mistakes in speaking is perfect, able to keep the whole body in check with a bridle. If we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we guide their whole bodies. Or look at ships: though they are so large that it takes strong winds to drive them, yet they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great exploits" James 3:2-5a

No comments: