One young seminarian on a mission of creative hope and authentic faith. "Christians live by the promise of God and thus in creative hope" (Daniel Migliore)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mail Time

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I work in the PTS mail room. I know it's not a glamorous job, but I really like it. I'm not sure there is a better job for sharing in fellow students' joys. If someone gets an invitation to a wedding, we know. If someone gets a book from a used bookstore, we know. If someone's mother sends her a collection of Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn movies, we know. [Thanks, Mom!] Whenever checks are issued, we are the first to receive ours.
When I heard during orientation that we are not preparing for ministry we are actively doing ministry, I wasn't entirely sure. But I see now how this job can be a ministry. We are sharing the light of Christ through serving our fellow students, faculty, and staff by making sure their mail and packages are delivered in a timely manner.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Defining ministry can be a lifetime occupation! Love, MOM